Learn the technique and tips to curl and tint the lashes. This is a very popular and profitable service. It is a very low maintenance treatment. It is a great alternative to lash extensions. The results last 8-12 weeks. The only rule for the client is that the lashes cannot get wet for 24hrs after receiving the lift. $300 with $150 non-refundable deposit. Includes kit with 15+ treatments
Classes will be small and thorough. Course includes a deluxe kit with supplies for 100 treatments, a training manual, and access to a private Facebook group with videos for continuing education and support. Dermaplaning is a highly sought after and profitable service. I have many years of experience and knowledge of how to customize for multiple skin types. Available to licensed estheticians, cosmetologists, and registered nurses. $100 non-refundable deposit to secure your spot. Balance of $350 due the day of class.
Tummy and side sleeping.
I am guilty of this. How comfortable is it to sleep flat on your back? To me, it’s not. At all. However spending a third of your life with your face smashed into a pillow can cause wrinkles to form. If you can’t be comfortable on your back, get a nice satin pillowcase to minimize the appearance of sleep lines. This is also great for your hair. Bonus!
Were you warned that your face would remain frozen in place if contorted, as a child? Well, it’s not entirely false. Those of us who squint or furrow their brows tend to have more wrinkles than those who do not. Buy yourself some great looking sunglasses, protect your skin and your eyes. Function and fashion. Bonus!
Passing on fruits and vegetables
You have likely heard of antioxidants and their importance in skincare. Antioxidants fight skin damage caused by the free radicals that our bodies produce in metabolism. You don’t need an expensive juice or fancy skin cream to get enough antioxidants in your body. Though it won’t hurt if you wish to splurge on a $10 fresh pressed juice! Eating just five to seven servings of fruits and vegetables will provide you all the antioxidants you need.
Drinking excessive alcohol
Alcohol wreaks havoc in skin your skin on a few levels. It depletes the body’s levels of vitamin A, a powerful antioxidant that helps produce collagen. Excessive drinking over long periods of time can cause bloated blood vessels that permanently reduce skin elasticity. Alcohol dehydrates the skin and makes it feel like sandpaper. Yuck. Of course everything in moderation. I’m the last person to tell you not to drink, but make sure you’re hydrating before during and after with water.
Does chronic stress cause skin aging or does it just exacerbate the the behaviors that lead to aging? The jury is still out. We do know that stress can lead to eating too many of the wrong things, excessive drinking, poor sleep habits, weight loss or gain, and frowning. You know what can relieve stress? Facials!
Sleeping in makeup
What’s the harm in crashing in makeup after a long night? Unfortunately makeup holds the free radicals and pollutants next to your precious facial skin if you wear it overnight. If you want to help recover your skin, at least use a cleansing wipe before passing out for the night. Your skin works overtime to regenerate cells overnight, help it by removing makeup before bed.
Sunbathing and tanning
Sun exposure is the leading cause of premature skin aging. 90% of skin aging is due to sun exposure and it can cause skin cancer. When spending time in the sun , use adequate sun protection through the use of sunscreen and clothing. Avoid tanning beds. Wrinkles are cute on a Shar-pei, but not so much on your face.
Sleeping too little
Healthy sleep reduces inflammation in the body and help cells recover from a long, hard day’s work. Happy cells make happy skin so, love your cells and sleep well. It will make you look and feel refreshed.
1) Facials allow you to relax. They feel great and are healing to the soul. The power of touch, massage, proper technique, and professional products can heal. I call facials “relaxing with benefits”. Stress relief and beautiful glowing skin? YES PLEASE!
2) Facials increase circulation of the blood under the skin allowing the skin optimal health to facilitate the renewal skin cells.
3) Facials decrease waste underneath the skin that can cause puffiness, ruddiness, and fluid accumulation by manipulating the lymphatic system that lies just under the skin. Facials also aids in detoxification.
4) A good facial (and facial massage) can help smooth fine lines and promote collagen production, which is the building block of the skin (to prevent premature aging, wrinkles, and sagging).
5) A facial will cleanse the pores on a much deeper level. Similar to a good dental cleaning, this is what a facial can do for the skin/pores. Even non-acneic skin can use a good deep cleanse. Extractions/cleaning out the pores can help to maintain clear skin, stop acne formation, as well as can help to change the pore’s size. Often times left unchecked, pores can start to stretch and widen with the accumulation of oil and debris. (Please do not attempt to extract or pick at your own skin unless you are a professional and know how to do it properly- you could be at risk of scarring and infection).
6) Facials provide deep(er) exfoliation than you can achieve at home. Exfoliation smoothes skin, allows for great penetration of products (i.e. moisturizers or serums), unclogs pores, improves skin ability to retain hydration, and evens skin tone to just name a few benefits.
7) Allows a professionally trained esthetician to counsel you on the proper products you should be using at home. This alone is worth the investment as the skincare industry can be a difficult (and expensive) area to navigate.
8) Can help even skin tone and lighten dark spots. Dark spots age our skins’ appearance visibly. Again a gentle reminder- sunscreen is still a necessity no matter how great the facial. (:
9) Facials slow the aging process. They allow your skin to feel healthier, smoother, and look more radiant. Facials reduce fine lines, age spots, and relieve dehydrated skin. With these benefits, facials make us feel better about our skin. With the use of exfoliation, massage, and the penetration of nutrients and antioxidants, facials also fight to reverse aging. We will all age, but we can do it more slowly with glowing, firm, and hydrated skin.
10) Facials are not a miracle in an hour but they do give you a fresh start to a healthier and balanced complexion. Regular facials will help you maintain optimal skin health.